Franco Buzzi Memorial Scholarship
The "Franco Buzzi Memorial" scholarship is an initiative Buzzi SpA created to honor our former group Vice President and his ardent interests: first, the company, to which he dedicated his life; second, the bright young people who represent the company’s future lifeblood; and last but not least, the USA.
With this scholarship, we would like to offer motivated young people the opportunity to take a leap forward in their professional lives. At the age of 22 and a trailblazer at the time, Franco himself won a scholarship from the prestigious Fulbright Student Program to study in the USA.
This is why Buzzi SpA decided to award two scholarships each year offering the unique opportunity of participating in a Master’s program at one of the best universities in the United States, and which will cover the tuition fees as well as the standard ancillary costs such as travel, insurance and living expenses.
We are proud to support this initiative because we know that it will represent a significant opportunity for the personal and professional growth of deserving, eager and motivated young people.
And we like to think that Franco is also part of this growth process.
The educational offer
Master of Business Administration (MBA) programs
- McCombs School of Business – University of Texas
- Smeal College of Business - Penn State University, PA
- Kelley School of Business – Indiana University, Bloomington
- College of Business and Economics – Lehigh University, PA
Other Masters available
- Engineering Management – University of Texas (Austin, Texas)
- Chemical Engineering – Penn State University (State College, Pennsylvania)
- Corporate Finance – Penn State University (State College, Pennsylvania)
- Environmental Engineering – Lehigh University (Bethlehem, Pennsylvania)
Who is eligible?
This opportunity is aimed at the children of our employees (and retirees) from all the countries in which our group operates, as well as students who graduated from a high school in Casale Monferrato.
Applicants must meet the admission requirements established by each university with respect to age, educational qualifications, work experience if any, knowledge of the English language, and analytical skills.
Transparency and meritocracy are fundamental values for Buzzi SpA, which is why we cannot influence the evaluation and selection process in any way, and which will be completely handled by each university.
More information is available in the attached document.